Pages

Thursday 16 October 2014

Rogue Trader Captain (W40K)

Another NPC for 'Inquisimunda' finished - a Rogue Trader captain.  Again I can't say too much about his background as the players may read this, but he has the usual dubious reputation associated with his profession as a trader & explorer on the fringes of the Imperium.  I may upgrade his sword to a power sword by adding a 'power node' from the handle onto the blade, using modelling putty.


This is another excellent sculpt from Hasslefree Miniatures ('Privateer Godwin'), & I'm happier with my shading & highlighting on the coat than on Jhansi Lakhshimir's. I wasn't sure how to paint the codpiece at first, but then I thought "it's got to be gold for maximum bling".

4 comments:

  1. Excellent! Really dig how that turned out - definitely going to have to pick one of those up, looks like a great fit for the Spireguard I've been working on. Great work, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I think he'd fit in well amongst your Spireguard!

      Delete
  2. I love this figure- great work on the skin tones, hair and glasses btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barks. This figure has a lot of swagger about him!

      Delete