Pages

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Technical servitor (W40K)

Another 40K miniature: a technical servitor, which will come in very useful, even if just as 'scenery' for my Inquisitor campaign.  This is a classic sculpt from back when I first got into Warhammer 40K, & I think it still stands up against the latest GW miniatures.  The static pose particularly suits the nature of this cyborg drone.


I went with a fairly standard Mechanicum scheme, though he matches the colours of my Inquisitor's retinue. I'm pleased with the wiring, but I still haven't mastered the 'gem' effect for bionic eyes.  I think the skin tone could also be paler for that proper unhealthy servitor look, though this could be a freshly 'enhanced' individual...


I tried using a black fineliner for the 1st time for the chevrons on the power claw, which was easier than fine brushwork, though I think an inverted-V pattern on the side might look better than the simple diagonal banding that I opted for.  I'm pleased with the blue wash & gloss on the drug vials, though the effect doesn't show up too well in these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment