Pages

Monday 15 June 2015

Bloodletter (W40K)

As well as the cherubim, this weekend I repainted an old Citadel Bloodletter figure.  Whilst I prefer the more feral & dynamic modern Bloodletter sculpts, this miniature does have a lot of old-school charm, as well as being one of the first miniatures I ever bought, back in the day.  It never got beyond a basic colour-scheme, but here it is finally looking suitably hellish, complete with my amateur attempts at light-sourcing - I think the slight glow of the hellblade & the daemon's body itself lend a bit of an otherworldy feel at least.  This single Bloodletter will be useful as a nasty foe in 'Inquisimunda', or even in special Necromunda scenarios (daemons were detailed in the original Outlanders supplement).

This miniature always reminds me of Ridley Scott's visually stunning Legend (1985).

No comments:

Post a Comment