Pages

Thursday 8 March 2012

Tyranid ordnance (BfG)

I really like the tiny Battlefleet Gothic ordnance miniatures, & with no official Tyranid ordnance being available, I made my own markers.  My flagship will be a massive carrier capable of launching 10 markers in a turn.  There is no upper limit to the number of Tyranid ordnance markers that can be in play, & the 'Nids also have the option of taking markers as part of the fleet points limit, so I will need lots of these.  I used the small Warhammer bases, which are the same size as the card counters from the BfG box.  I don't like the look of the tall stems on GW studio fleet ordnance strips however, as I think they distract from the fighters & bombers themselves - & with durability also in mind, I trimmed peg sections from the top of spare flight stems to sit the ordance pieces on.

Below are my Tyranid fighter analogs, which are simply venom sacs from the 'Gaunt sprues (they reminded me of Yuuzhan Vong Coralskippers from the Star Wars NJO era).  Like my bio-ships, I gave them a gloss varnish for a gribbly carapace look:


For my assault boat analogs, I cut the top sections from 'Gaunt spinefists, envisaging these as giant armoured ramming creatures carrying broods of Tyranid nasties into prey vessels:

 

Before starting on the fighter & assault boat analogs, as test pieces I first made a trio of mega spore mines (below) using tiny spheres of Green Stuff, with 'Gaunt gun pipes as trailing tendrils:


No comments:

Post a Comment