Pages

Friday 20 July 2018

Great lizards

Some more creatures for my Lustrian Warhammer Quest set - 1D3 'great lizards'.  These cheap hard rubber toys have a surprisingly good level of detail & texture, & painted-up really easily.  They are slightly too big to count as the 'giant lizards' from the Lustrian bestiary, so I'll cook-up some rules for 'great lizards', in a similar vein to great wolves & the great spiders that forest Goblins ride - I'm thinking slower but tougher than a great wolf, & without any special abilities.  Except maybe Poison... Everything in Lustria seems to be poisonous...

I based the colour schemes on real lizards, with a bit of artistic licence - e.g. a Serengeti Agama for the one with a neck-frill, a leopard gecko for the orange/yellow/purple one, & various monitor lizard patterns for the camouflaged one; whilst tying them together as a group with purple on each.  I'm really pleased with how they turned out, & have another nine of these to paint.  However,  I am wondering whether to add a horn or a few spikes to them, to match the more fantastical look of the GW Lustrian snakes.  Any thoughts on this? Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Now they look superb and I love the bright colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happens when the warriors level up and instead of 1d3 great lizards they're up against 3 great lizards?

    ReplyDelete