Monday, 6 November 2017

Pile of rubble 2

Yesterday I finished my 2nd pile of rubble for my new Necromunda scenery.  I was pleased with my 1st rubble pile, but even more so with this one.  Again, the base is an old CD, with various pieces of polystyrene, Airfix kit bits, sprue offcuts, a thread dowel, pen nib, & other detritus incorporated as junk.  I also used sliced-up parts of an original Necromunda bulkhead, & as grille flooring: the disposable 'rafts' left-over from 3D-printing projects.  The polystyrene chunk that dominates this piece has a nifty warning sign & arrow that I thought would look good when painted.

I really enjoy making free-form scenery pieces like this, as pretty much anything goes.  Once you've picked a few parts, they seem to fall together into a logical arrangement with very little effort, & almost take on a character.  I think this 2nd pile of rubble is more interesting & successful than my first one, which was more a vertical stack.  This one has more interesting angles, more variation in texture, & more contrast between rusted metal & plascrete.  The big pile of grit also adds more realism than blocks alone.


  1. Awesomeness! You can't have too much scatter terrain for a proper game of Necromunda in my opinion, that is an awesome addition!

  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I must say I'm chuffed with it.