Pages

Sunday 17 September 2017

Short walkways 2

This week I painted some more short walkways for Necromunda / Inquisimunda.  I decided to give my Underhive terrain collection a big boost by buying the 'TT Combat Industrial Hive Mega Complex' set (for ~£30), which is a bundle of five laser-cut ply terrain packs.  These are three short walkways / ramps from the Industrial Walkways pack.  You can never have enough walkways in Necromunda!  I am considering adding card panels to cover the gap in the railings, to provide more cover for moving gangers.

The TT Combat industrial scenery is nice & sturdy & very easy to glue together, but a little lacking in detail compared to similar manufacturers like 4Ground & Sarissa Precision (let alone the classic plastic bulkheads of the original Necromunda boxed set), but it is functional, mimics the original boxed structures well, & paints-up smoothly.  I have been adding rivets using discs sliced from plastic sprues, plus other details such as parts from the GW Imperial Sector buildings set to increase the detail.

4 comments:

  1. I like the partial handrails. They say "just the right balance of safety and danger."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in Imperium of Mankind terms, these walkways are 'Health & Safety gone mad'!

      Delete
    2. Clearly the designer was not working from a standard template design, as there's also a real lack of skulls.

      Delete
    3. Ha! I think the skulls would be embellishments to the STC designs though, as the templates would pre-date the Imperium. I reckon use of skulls on everything down to vending machines increased exponentially after the Horus Heresy.

      Delete