Pages

Sunday 9 June 2013

Combat androids (TW)

In a break from the large volume of 15mm Middle East stuff that I've been producing lately, I've dipped into the miniatures I picked up earlier this year for Tomorrow's War (the near-future companion rules to Force on Force).  I've been a fan of Ghost in the Shell for a while, particularly the Stand Alone Complex series, & I've also been very inspired by the brilliant figures painted by Mark Kinsey.  I have in mind a background that will be an amalgamation of Ghost in the Shell style cyberpunk, mixed with the inter-corporate skirmishes of G-Police, with a setting & scenery look that draws heavily on Bladerunner.


Here are some combat androids that I have dubbed AIT-7 'Ashigaru' units.  Painting them was very straightforward, but I'm really pleased with the results - 2 thin coats of white as a base, then a wash of Ultramarine Blue with a touch of Red Gore in it to bring out the detail.  I then highlighted the raised sections of plating etc with white, leaving some darker shading in places.  The trickiest part was adding dots of red to the optics/sensors, especially the miniscule trio of lenses in the centre of the faces!  These will have been manufactured by a Japanese corporation initially to bolster the JDF during WWIII, but subsequently exported.  As well as security duty for multinationals, many have found their way through the black market into the hands of dangerous factions.


These excellent miniatures have fantastic detail as well as a variety of great poses, & were purchased from Rebel Minis - they are marketed as 'Shalur Mercenaries'.

No comments:

Post a Comment