Pages

Wednesday 6 June 2018

Atmosphere processor

I've been working on quite a few wargaming bits this spring, but haven't finished much of it yet, hence the lack of posts recently.  However, today I finished this piece of scenery for Necromunda / 'Inquisimunda' - an atmosphere processor; or maybe a large water still for Underhive gangs to fight over?  This is a 3-piece resin model from Fenris Games.  It's chunky & durable, with great detailing.  The sections only needed minimal filing to remove some air bubble bumps to allow them to stack neatly.  [Top tip for those new to resin pieces: a quick wash in soapy water removes residue left over from the casting, which will improve the adherence of the paint].

I mounted it on a disposable 'raft' left over from a 3D-print job, which I think makes for an excellent metal grille effect.  I'm considering strengthening this base with a card disc underneath too, as the raft is slightly brittle.  A couple small pieces of rubble were added to tie the piece in with the rest of my ruined Underhive terrain, but I painted this atmopshere processor in a slightly better state of repair than my usual corroded & rusty scenery.

It had been a while since I'd tried painting the classic 'gem' effect on a miniature, but I'm really pleased how the indicator lights turned out on this - I think they help bring the machinery to life ( +++ALL HAIL THE OMNISSIAH+++ ).

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael; I'm happy with how it turned out, but I definitely need to get some more gantry-bearing structures built.

      Delete
  2. Very nice! However, where are all the purity seals? A device like this might be slathered with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, good idea, I hadn't thought of that. Although I reason as this will mostly see use as Underhive scenery, it'd be situated far from the attentions of the Adeptus Mechanicus. It might even be a relic from the early colonisation of the hive world. Also, keeping it more generic allows me to use it as scenery for my Demiurg miners.

      I really like the idea of adding purity seals to some machinery though, thanks.

      Delete
  3. Very nice- the raft is a clever addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Barks. I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to useful-looking bits like that; but it's very satisfying when you find the perfect use for them!

      Delete