Pages

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Pile of rubble

To celebrate the forthcoming re-release of the legendary Warhammer 40,000 gang skirmish game Necromunda, I completed this rubble pile that I built from various bits a while ago - perfect for the crumbling urban chaos of the Underhive.  I used an old CD as the base, & added chunks of polystyrene textured with coarse paint thickener, Gale Force 9 concrete chunks, plastic lolly sticks as pipes, corrugated card as sheet roofing, plus a spare bit from an Imperial tank sprue, & a metal cable clasp as other junk.  Then I added grit using PVA & sand.  Only a quick & dirty drybrush paint scheme, but it'll do for tabletop gaming.  I added various hints of green-wash in places to suggest grime / slime / pollutants, but maybe it could do with a bit more.

Here is a WIP photo, before I painted this piece  >

The Underhive has long been one of my favourite settings - so evocative & full of unexpected variety.  I'm looking-forward to adding more urban / industrial scenery to my collection, for Necromunda / Inquisimunda gaming.

6 comments:

  1. That looks superb, love the before shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! I think GW is going to bring lot of old timers back to the fold with the re-release of Necromunda - I'm one of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. I'm looking forward to the new multipart plastics - they will make conversions & upgrades so much easier!

      Delete
  3. Very nice, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, I enjoyed making it - nice & messy!

      Delete