Pages

Sunday 10 January 2016

Air ambulance

A few months ago I bought this air ambulance, along with several other vehicles that looked to be the right scale for my 15mm zombie apocalypse figures, & I've finally got round to painting a pilot & paramedic to crew it.  The helicopter appears to be modeled on the Eurocopter 135 G-WMAS, & other than the tail rotor configuration, it's very accurate to the air ambulances commonly seen in the UK - the colour scheme & markings are spot-on, which adds to the 'authenticity' that I'm aiming for with my rural English setting.

The die-cast air ambulance is manufactured by Siku (Model #1647), the pilot is actually an IDF vehicle commander from Peter Pig's AK-47 Range, & the paramedic is a lady from the Rebel Minis Modern Civilians pack.  I bulked-up the woman's handbag into a medical kit using Green Stuff, & had a go at using the same to sculpt a visor on the pilot's helmet, but it didn't look convincing, so I left the visor off.  I'm on the lookout for a suitable male figure for another paramedic to complete the crew now.  I also painted a bloke on a stretcher ready to be airlifted - another Peter Pig piece from the Heads and Odds range. The bases of both standing figures are 1 pence coins, whilst the stretcher is on a slightly larger laser-cut ply bases from Fenris Games.  All the bases are flocked using Gale Force Nine dirt & dead/winter static grass.

4 comments:

  1. Perfectly scaled - I dig it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Mordian. Yeah, This is the first helicopter I've managed to find at the right scale (usually they're far too small).

      Delete
  2. Nice find with plenty of scenario options.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu - yeah, I'm thinking pre-apocalypse this helicopter might be picking up a patient suffering from enraged spasms, who turns out to be a bit bitey...

      ...& apocalypse/post-apocalypse it could be a good escape objective!

      Delete