Pages

Saturday 9 May 2020

Small Chaos spawn

Yesterday I painted this small Chaos spawn.  It's a very gribbly miniature from Black Cat Bases, mounted on a Games Workshop Ø32mm base.  Puts me in mind of John Carpenter's 'The Thing'.  It's a pulp of entrails being re-shaped by evil, writhing with newly-grown appendages, eyeballs, & toothy maws!  I've based it for my Underhive / ruined urban W40K setting.

Black Cat Bases have some wonderfully esoteric (& affordable!) miniatures, especially in their 'Cthulu' ranges.  I had in mind all four Chaos gods when painting this spawn - as if the unfortunate Human who is being reformed by a Daemonic entity is ever-shifting, caught between the different aspects of Chaos.  I finished the miniature with a coat of gloss varnish, to emphasize it's gory, disgusting nature.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderfully gruesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's disgusting, in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Michael! I wasn't sure that I'd be able to find a suitable paint scheme to bring it to life (originally I intended an all-red-gore scheme); but I think the variety of colours that I settled upon brings out all the horrific details, & communicates the ever-mutating nature of this beast.

      Delete