Pages

Saturday 20 February 2021

Woodland

I've been a bit unproductive on the miniatures front for weeks, but this weekend I made these 15mm-scale tree bases for use in Hordes of the Things & 28 Dice Later games.  They are laser-cut ply discs from Fenris Games, each with a 2p & 2x 1p coins glued to the top for weight, before I textured them with several coats of paint thickener. I then drilled three holes in each to insert the cheap ready-made trees, painted them brown, & finally coated them with a special flock mixture which included oregano & mixed herbs to simulate a carpet of leaf litter & fallen twigs.  It's a tip I'd not tried before, but I'm really pleased with the results.  I'll make an area base for these to stand on, so that the trees can easily be removed to allow figure placement within a defined area of 'Difficult Ground'.





3 comments:

  1. Lovely work on the woods and it's good to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who makes the best rolex daytona replica? You'll find out about it

    on our website - watchesukuk.com

    watchesukuk.com

    ReplyDelete